Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hi, I was wondering if using a flat iron can cause hair to fall out?

I have always lost hair while brushing or in the shower and it seems lately I have been losing a lot more. What kind of Shampoo and conditioner products are good for damaged, dry, and dull hair? Any one who has any suggestions please let me know... thanks :)



Hi, I was wondering if using a flat iron can cause hair to fall out?

It damages y our hair no matter what they try to sell you on. Heat styling damages the hair shaft and yes it will break off and cause split ends, and dried out hair.



Hi, I was wondering if using a flat iron can cause hair to fall out?

Try to not straighten and blow dry your hair everyday. I like Pantene products a lot. They have different shampoos for whatever your need is.



Hi, I was wondering if using a flat iron can cause hair to fall out?

It could just be that you are shedding your "winter coat" kind of like an animal.



Nothing that you can do to your hair will make it fall out.. not curling, not brushing, not straightening, not blowdrying, not using cheap waxy products like pantene that build up a nasty wax residue on your hair and eventually make it dull and lifeless, not coloring, not perming, nothing!! All of these can break your hair, but will not make it fall out.



For damaged, dry, and dull hair, use only professional (bought in a salon) products. Store products are either stripping and drying or waxy and cause build up.. either way, they are watered down and you are basically paying for a bottle of water w/a little soap.



Did you know if you use pantene to wash your car, you can wash and wax it at the same time?? true story.



Go to a salon and ask a stylist what she recommmends.. its hard to give suggestions if I can't see what it looks like. Stylists aren't just out to make money by selling you products.. if we sell you good products, it makes our job easier later when we have to do your hair, and it makes you like your hair better when we're done.



If you are straightening your hair.. when you go get those professional shampoos and conditioners, also ask the stylist for a heat activated styler or a heat protector. You spray it on dry hair and while the product is still wet you run your flat iron thru it. It will steam and smoke a little, its supposed to. It "seals" your cuticle and protects it from heat damage for up to 400 degrees. They really do work, I use them when I straighten my hair, and I stopped needing a trim as often.



Hi, I was wondering if using a flat iron can cause hair to fall out?

no only if you get it cought and it pulls it out. maybe if you burn your scalp badly with with it. bumble and bumble cocoa is great for your haie, you get it at good salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment