Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas

Any ideas or suggestions on how I could use this real hair for a special gift would be appreciated ( she has such beatiful hair I would like to give her a special gift with it)



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

See the following web page, there is a handmade doll sample may give you some idea.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

How much is there? How long is it?? You can donate it to the locks of love campaign who makes wigs for children in her name.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

A doll with her hair would be a wonderful gift.



Please be careful about donating her hair to the Locks of Love charity. There are some honesty issues with the charity as it does not make clear that children with hair loss from chemotherapy do not get a wig. It is a charity for long term hair loss from a condition called alopecia (which is not a cancer).



Wigs for Kids is the only charity that makes wigs for children with cancer who have lost hair from chemotherapy.



http://www.wigsforkids.org/



Or if you wish to donate her hair to women who have lost hair from chemotherapy you can try Pantene Beautiful Lengths:



http://www.pantene.com/en_US/beautifulle...



How to participate:



http://www.pantene.com/en_US/beautifulle...



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

I agree with the previous answer. I just finished all the treatments for cancer, and when I had to take the length of the locks off, I donated them to Locks of Love. I was able to



give them 15", and it was the best feeling I had. The ability to donate something from me personally to a little child gave me great joy. However, if the hair is not long enough, I would



still contact your local Locks of Love and see if there is anything they can do with it.



Tell your wife my heart hurts with her. I had beautiful thick red hair, and it was truly the most beautiful part of me. It is really a hard thing to lose this beauty. I now am being blessed with a full head of salt and pepper, appears thick as it was. Although the red is gone, I feel fortunate and am looking forward to having a new look. I am still wearing wigs, as it



is only about 1" in length. This is my new life under in tribute to thanks for my life being spared. I was going into a stage 4 and now am considered cancer free.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

Check with a local crafts store, they might know of someone who could create a doll for you, That is such a sweet and loving suggestion and idea.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

Your idea is really sweet. As a cancer survivor and crafty person, you may find someone to make a doll using the hair, or someone familiar with Victorian hair jewlery. Women used to collect hair and make some pretty interesting jewlery with it. You check check out www.interweavepress.com/piecework. I believe they have some back issues with articles on the topic and how to recreate some of the pieces.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

As a cancer survivor I have to comment that I would not have wanted anything like this. It would have upset me too much.



So you might want to see if this is something your wife would actually like before you do it.



See, she doesn't HAVE beautiful hair right now. She HAD it. And she might not have the same hair again -- hair grows back differently after chemotherapy. Mine came in with grey hair where I didn't have any beforehand, and no one in my family has gotten grey as young as I did. It was also curly and coarse, where it had been wavy and smoother before.



I realize this is upsetting to you as well, very much. But make sure this is something she really wants.



I think it's a sweet idea if she does want it. I found a web site that makes jewelry out of human hair. And if you don't like that maybe they have suggestions for you of what else you could do with it.



You probably couldn't donate to Locks of Love, I think you have to have it cut by one of their participating hair salons. But in response to what someone said about them, they are completely up front about what the hair is used for. It says so right on thier home page. I think it's just become an urban legend that the hair is used for cancer patients.



The reason it's used for people with permanent hair loss is that human hair wigs are generally VERY expensive, and most cancer patients get synthetic ones since for many cancer patients the hair loss is temporary.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

i don't have any ideas, but, i just want to let you know that is a lovely idea. it's very thoughtful and sincere of you to think of such a thing.



i started chemo the end of july 2006, by august 2006 i had to shave off what was remaining after cutting my mid-back length hair. it's finally started to grow back in january and i really miss my long hair. i would've loved for a little heartfelt keepsake was made for me.



My wife has cancer and lost her hair. I saved some and would like to make a doll or gift. any ideas or sites?

Thats a cute idea. A doll. Look up doll maker in your area. You didn't say where you are. If there isn't one..I think you just found your self a new business to help support cancer patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment